The overarching goal of AuTechHeads is to provide a strong community for the benefit Australian technology professionals, or geeks as we sometimes say.
To this end, we provide the group and its website with a low level of moderation and restriction. The intent here is to allow collaboration and contribution, for members to get involved and participate in building this exciting group.
To this end, we ask that members abide by a code of conduct. This is not intended to be onerous, but represents a level of behaviour and courtesy that is consistent amongst all members. The Code of Conduct is intended to be simple and transparent in nature. If you feel that any part of the code is unclear, needs clarification, or needs refinement, please get involved and suggest improvements.
- All people considering themselves technology professionals (or geeks) are welcome, whether male, female, teenager, adult, or "senior". It is expected that members should be professionals in a technical field, or have a strong appreciation or understanding of technical matters (and especially the area of computer sciences), but if you have something meaningful to contribute and can genuinely gain value, you are welcome.
- No one technology or discipline is favoured. It is recognised that the fields in which people may be considered geeks are many and varied, and that each individual and discipline may favour its own technologies. We can virtually guarantee you will find others with similar interests or expertise here.
- All members deserve and must show respect to one another. Humour, friendly banter and mild disagreement is welcome, but if someone takes offence, please apologise freely and without reservation. There's no reason to flame.
- Spam will not be tolerated. Accounts created for the purpose of posting spam, in the judgement of the Core Team or members, will be banned.
- Please contribute meaningfully, positively, and constructively to the site, or the group, in the way you feel most comfortable. If you are not an active participant, that is ok - but the group will benefit most from contribution.
- Illegal and questionable material, including illicit copying of copyrighted materials, is not permitted. There are other sites better suited to this purpose.
- Bearing in mind that we do not place age restrictions on membership at this time, contributions should be kept to an appropriate level such that a minor could access it without concern.
- Decisions made by the Core Team are final. The Core Team voluntarily donate time and effort, and some pay costs out of their own pocket. Core Team members are not infallible, but they do make their best effort to do act in the best interests of the site and group.
- Disputes and complaints under this code will be handled by Core Team members, as appropriate. All members deserve fair handling if they have genuinely made an effort to be part of the community. Members in good standing have the right to appeal decisions made by the Core Team, and to have a fair hearing.